Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Tradtions

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything here.  We were in Idaho Falls for an internship all summer, which most of you know.  I was not excited about this at all and the first part of the summer went so slow.  But as I came to realize what a blessing it was to be there and how the Lord was truly doing what was best for my family I started to enjoy my time there.  We learned a lot and are glad for our experiences this summer but hope that we won't have to repeat it.  And then when we got back, between school starting and me being down because of my back for more than two weeks it has been a little crazy.

So to start out a new era of posting I want some input from you guys.  What are your traditions that you do as a family every year?  I really want to make this Christmas more Christ and family centered, so I need some ideas.  I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving, and I hope you all know how much I love and look up to you.  You are all amazing people and I'm glad to be a part of this family!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Dan and I have not really come up with any tradtions yet. The only thing that we would like to keep doing that we have been doing is wake up to Christmas at our own home and then go to the grandparents after we are finished. I just hope that we will live cloes enought to keep doing that!

The Hill Clan said...

We have been doing Christmas on our own for a couple of years now and so we've been able to carry some of my family traditions over along with making some of our own. We always decorate sugar cookies on christmas eve and this year I'm really excited about our new advent calender with ways to make it a more Christ centered christmas. Oh, and The Carpenters Christmas Album and egg not are a must at our house this time of year. I really like my friends idea though, they make cinammon rolls or doughnuts and take them and some apple cider to the police and fire stations on Christmas eve. I'm always on the lookout for more things to do so keep posting.

Norine said...

I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. We celebrate by having soup each night for dinner the week before the feast. I wanted to have something to remind us of the sacrifice that is always present with the dearest traditions we have. We are often reminded through the everyday things the good that is in our lives. We have so much to be grateful for.